Scalloped Potatoes & Ham (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
This family size scalloped potatoes & ham recipe is great for a family with food sensitivities! Even though it is dairy free, it is nice and creamy the way scalloped potatoes and ham should be...
Servings: 12 people
- 12 Medium White Potatoes (cubed) About a 5lb bag (Larger cubes will take longer to bake)
- 4 Cups Fully Cooked Ham Chunks Butt hams are the most tender
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Common Mushrooms Chopped (mushrooms are optional)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (or Ghee)
- 2 Chicken Bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 dash Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Cups Organic Vegan Protein Broth
- 3 Tbls Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
In a large skillet, melt the butter on low heat. Sauté the chopped onion and mushrooms on low heat.
Peel and cut up potatoes into bite size chunks. Cut ham into chunks after onions and mushrooms are tender. Stir in vegan broth.
Microwave the bouillon cubes in water until dissolved. Pour into sautéed onion mixture.
Blend cornstarch into bouillon/water mixture thoroughly. Slowly stir this into onions and mushrooms, stirring continually until sauce thickens and is smooth. If needed, add more cornstarch.
Add salt, Lawry's and pepper.
Mix sauce with potatoes and ham chunks in greased baking dish or roaster pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hr 20 min.