Monster cookies always remind me of being a kid. The colorful chocolate candies, the creamy peanut butter, the chewy oats! So good… Since our house is gluten and dairy-free, I needed to find a gluten and dairy-free monster cookie bars recipe for my own kids to enjoy.
I went gluten-free 6 years ago, due to an intolerance. I was having stomach problems and decided to cut out gluten to see if it went away. Sure enough, all of my bloating and other symptoms were gone. I lost ten pounds, in a month.
Now, if I have gluten, I break out in a rash. So my intolerance has sort of morphed into an allergy.
In addition, my son has a dairy allergy, so we avoid dairy in our house.
Easy Gluten & Dairy Free Snacks
It has been a really big challenge for our family to find allergy-friendly travel snacks that both of my kids enjoy. It isn’t as hard if we are at home for snack time. But when we are running out the door to church on Sunday morning or going shopping during snack time, finding a snack that isn’t just straight carbs or sugar is difficult.
These gluten and dairy-free monster cookie bars are great snacks for traveling. The bright, colorful and DAIRY-FREE chocolate candies are so eye-catching to the kiddos. With the peanut butter and the oats, kids actually feel satisfied.
In addition, the No Whey Choco No No’s candy are peanut-free too!
Traveling Gluten and Dairy-Free Treats
My mom loves to make up a huge batch when we are traveling somewhere. This way, if someone needs a dessert or a snack, they are good to go.
These bars are also easy to mix up in a stand mixer or just one mixing bowl! The best recipes dirty the least amount of dishes, am I right?!
The Sweet Memories
A couple of years after I had to switch to gluten-free, my grandma started baking gluten-free, so that when I was at family get-togethers, I could have the goodies too! (She is a saint. 🙂 ) She started making gluten-free monster cookies.
I hadn’t had a monster cookie in so long; it was wonderful!
I love to bake, so experimenting with gluten and dairy-free recipes is one of my favorite things. I love to test out ways to make “normal foods” but something allergy-friendly!
Gluten and DAiry free monster cookie bars
Gluten and Dairy Free Monster Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven for 335°F for metal pan.
- Line 9×13 baking pan with greased parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the sugars and ghee until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and mix until just combined.
- Stir in Dairy Free Chocolate Candies & Chocolate Chips.
- Add cookie dough to the greased pan.
- Press into the pan into one even layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes and check with a toothpick. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Tip: For chewier bars, underbake the cookie and have it cool in the pan.
gluten and dairy-free monster cookie bars
Firstly, these are delicious! Secondly, they are a great snack for traveling with kiddos.
I bet they will be a big hit in your house, too!